Please note that ALL recyclables must be CLEAN and DRY. For information on collection procedures, please visit the City of Abbotsford and District of Mission websites. Materials can also be dropped off sorted (not mixed) at the Recycling Depot.
Once collected, the recycling from both Abbotsford and Mission are delivered to the Abbotsford Location for sorting and processing.
Materials Accepted in Curbside Recycling
Plastic, Metal & Paper Containers
Paper & Cardboard
- Glass: Food bottles and jars*, window glass/panes, pottery, dishware.
- Film Plastic from Retail Packaging:* plastic bags for groceries, dry cleaning, bread, newspapers and flyers; bags for produce and overwrap on mattresses, furniture and electronic equipment etc.
- Film Plastic not from Retail Packaging: zipper-lock bags* and plastic food wrap.
- Waxed cardboard, paper towels, napkins and padded envelopes
- Propane tanks and cylinders*
- Chip or foil bags*
- Scrap metal*
- Containers for motor oil, vehicle lubricant or anti-freeze products
- Deposit Containers: return to a bottle depot for refund or donate to charity.
*Accepted at either of our drop-off locations.