Front Drop Off
The Recycling Program has drop off areas in Abbotsford and Mission where residents can bring curbside recyclables as well as other recyclable materials at no charge (the Recycling Program does not provide payment for materials such as pop bottles, scrap metal, cardboard etc).
Click on an image below to see more detailed information about the materials we accept at the front drop off.
Drop Off Procedures:
Residential recycling brought to the drop off locations will need to be sorted into the following categories:
- Glass Jars & Containers
- Bags & Overwrap from Retail Packaging
- Other Flexible Plastic Packaging
- Plastic, Metal & Paper Containers
- Paper and Cardboard
- White Foam Packaging
- Coloured Foam Packaging
Glass Jars & Containers
Paper and Cardboard
Bags & Overwrap from Retail Packaging
White Foam Packaging
Plastic, Metal & Paper Containers
Coloured Foam Packaging
A drop-off attendant will be present to answer questions about program material and procedures, however, as per our safety guidelines, staff are unable to assist you with transporting materials from your vehicle. This includes with the use of equipment.
PLEASE NOTE: mixed commercial recycling will not be accepted at the residential drop-off site. All commercial loads must drive over the weigh scale and are subject to a tipping fee. Please visit the Business/ICI Recycling page for more information.
Materials Not Accepted at Drop Off Locations:
- Unsorted materials (mixed recycling/blue bag recycling)
- Containers for motor oil, vehicle lubricant or anti-freeze products
- Window glass/panes, pottery, dishware, glassware
- Film Plastics not from Retail Packaging: zipper-lock bags and plastic food wrap
- Waxed cardboard
- Plastic packaging labeled biodegradable or compostable
- Foam peanuts, packing chips or noodles
- Blue or pink foam board insulation
- Deposit Containers: (return to a bottle depot for refund or donate to charity)